Volunteering at the Last Indoor Tri of the Season

>> Monday, April 10, 2017

Yesterday, I really wanted to sleep in. We had a big Friday and Saturday visiting family in Southern Minnesota. But then Sunday morning, I got up and biked to the Midtown YWCA to volunteer at the last Indoor Triathlon before we start doing things OUTSIDE here in MN. Here are 8 pics:


Race director Nicole didn't mind my rubber gloved hand around her. I think.
(I helped make sure trash, recycling, and compostables went in the right spot, hence the glove.)


More than one person was disappointed that I didn't wear anything flashy/skimpy.


A swim wave ready to go. Kym (across the pool) has a little Captain in her.


Swimmers swimming.


Selfie with Kym.


Friends spinning!


More friends spinning!


Then I left for a 33 mile ride after I got done helping at the race. And TWO BLOCKS
into my ride, a wasp stung me an inch from my eye. F*ckin' nature.

That photo was 3 minutes after being stung, and my eye's all ready and watery. D'oh. I survived the ride just fine after that though.

Sidetone: that ride put me over 500 miles for the year! I've logged 336.93 miles outside on my tri bike, and an estimated 165.93 "miles" on the trainer calculated at a 19 mph average (my average outside this year is 19.5 mph, so my trainer miles is conservative). That's 502.86 miles total. Nice. (For me.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.